We close proceedings on a successful first year for our podcast series with a mix of fine house music from one of our favourite exponents in the art: Jacob Korn.
Perhaps the most lauded artist from the Dresden collective Uncanny Valley, it’s fair to say Jacob has enjoyed a superlative 2011, adding further to a widespread reputation for satisfyingly detailed and musically complex approach to deep house. This reputation was of course established with some finely judged releases across labels such as Dolly, Running Back and of course Uncanny Valley.
After playing an intergral role in the rapid rise of the strictly Dresden centric Uncanny Valley operation with key contributions to their distinctively presented self titled various artist EPs, Korn was the natural choice to signal a change in the label’s remit with the first in a series of solo artist EPs. Entitled She, the EP was the perfect way for the label to debut a new direction pairing two original productions from Korn with some finely judged remixes from John Talabot and Iron Curtis.
Alongside this, Korn has delivered fin contributions to labels such as Skylax and Permanent Vacation, gracing the latter alongside fellow Uncanny Valley cohort with “Ooohja” one of the finest tracks on the Munich label’s compilation If This Is House I Want My Money Back Zwei. Add to this a smattering of excellent remixes for the likes of Gerd and Mod Civil and it’s apparent why Korn is regarded as one of the brightest talents on the European deep house circuit.
1. Jacob Korn – Cybernetic Steersman (Phonocake)
2. Roman Flügel – How To Spread Lies (Dial)
3. Other Worlds – Only Down (CDR)
4. Mano Le Tough – Stories (Buzzin´ Fly)
5. C-Beams – Strollin’ Speechless (Uncanny Valley)
6. Session Victim – large processor (Permanent Vacation)
7. Cuthead – Brother (Uncanny Valley)
8. Matthew Styles – Galaxy 21 (Running Back)
9. Scott Grooves – The Journey (From The Studio of Scott Grooves)
10. Underworld – Little Speaker (V2)
11. Jacob Korn – SHE (Uncanny Valley)
12. Rick “Poppa” Howard – About Fourteen (Remix) (Beautiful Granville Records)
13. Hauschka – Girls (Fat Cat)